In this Piece World Renowned Analyst Rob Vinciletti of VegasTopDogs Previews the Top 12 College Football teams for this Upcoming season and looks at top Power Angle that applies to each squad.
1. Clemson- The National Champs are stacked again this season and Dabo Swinney has Top QB Trevor Lawrence at the helm along with 8 returning starters on offense. They will have a bullseye on their back this year but could be undefeated in their final game at South Carolina where they have failed to cover 5 of the last 6 trips. When all is said and done we may see them in the Championship game once again.
2- Alabama- The Tide return 12 starters from last years team and should be a force once again. They have lost just 4 games over the last 4 years. The pack is narrowing on them and they will have a few tough games this year one of which will be against a 10 win LSU team that is loaded on both sides of the ball. The Tide could make it back to the championship game but this wont be an undefeated team. Alabama has failed to cover their last game 6 straight years.
3. Ohio St- Urban Meyer is gone and so is QB Dwayne Haskins, RB Mike Weber and WR Parris Campbell. However add coach Ryan Day and QB Justin Fields from Georgia and they might be even better on offense. Their defense will be much improved with J.K. Dobbins and DE Chase Young as they have 9 starters back on the stop unit. All of their tougher games come at home. However they must be very careful in their final game at Michigan as they go into a major revenge game.
4.Georgia-The Bulldogs have 13 starters back and ended the season with a sour taste in their mouth blowing a lead vs Alabama and then losing to Texas. They should be back and stronger than ever this year. QB Jake Fromm could make a big run for the Heisman and he will have a huge weapon in RB D’Andre Swift in the backfield. The only question is whether they can get past Alabama. A key spot for them in the season finale at Georgia Tech where they have covered 10 straight.
5.Oklahoma- The Sooners will stand tall once again in the BIG 12 and have a chance to have a prolific offense with Jalen Hurts at the helm. They return 9 starters on defense but they will have to really improve on that side of the ball and cant have another season where they allow 450+ yards per game. We like their chance at home vs Texas Tech where they have covered 3 straight and are 11-0 ats at home before 2+ road games.
6. Michigan. The Wolverines have 13 starters back from a solid 10 win team. They have a tough schedule once again but we know for sure they will be up for their last home game against Ohio St as they have 23 point revenge in that one and were not happy about allowing 62 points to their arch rival.
7. LSU- The Tigers may finally have a potent offense to go with the solid defense. They have Former New Orleans Saints offensive assistant Joe Brady in he fold and he will be in charge of the passing game and be the receivers coach. That should really help QB Joe Burrow. The team overall is Loaded with 8 starters back on both sides of the ball as they won 10 games last year. We will be backing them at home in a big revenge spot vs Florida.
8. Florida- The Gators came out of nowhere last year winning 10 games and bouncing back from a 4-7 year. They will be tough again this year under coach Dan Mullen and they have a red circle game at Kentucky as they have home loss revenge and have covered 5 of 6 there.
9. Texas- The Longhorns only have 8 starters back from last years 10 win team but QB Sam Ehlinger will have some of the best numbers in the country. They will have to overcome inexperience on both the offensive and defensive lines but should still be a force in the big 12. We will be looking at them hard vs Oklahoma as they have Playoff loss revenge.
10. Notre Dame- The Irish bring back 13 starters from last years 12 win team. The only loss coming at the hands of Clemson. If they can get past Georgia and Michigan, both of which are road games they can be right in the mix again. We like their chances at home vs USC where they have covered 3 straight vs the Trojans and 5 of 6 at home vs PAC 12 Schools.
11. Texas A@M- The Aggies did well winning 9 games under Jimbo Fisher. They will be a solid squad this year but they will be tested early with a road game at Clemson and later on with road games at LSU and Georgia as well as a home game with Alabama. They have 11 starter back and will either be real good or could fall off to a .500 team if things dont break their way.
12. Oregon- The Ducks won 9 games last season and will be Washington’s biggest threat in the Pac-12. They need Qb Herbert to stay healthy. They are loaded on both sides of the ball with 17 starters back and could better this rating. We will be looking at them hard when they play with home loss revenge at Stanford.
In closing we hope you enjoyed the Analysis and will be with us for another superb season in college football. Rob is the Only 2 time overall seasonal leader in combined football. Be sure to check his page daily for free selections and analysis in all major sports as he continues to use the most powerful and cutting edge data in the industry. Best of luck and enjoy this upcoming season.
Be sure to check his page daily for free selections and analysis in all major sports as he continues to use the most powerful and cutting edge data in the industry. Best of luck and enjoy this upcoming season. Be sure to visit VegasTopDogs for your college football and NFL winners.