Unlike last year’s top-heavy race, the 143rd Kentucky Derby is wide open. Classic Empire, Always Dreaming, McCraken, Irish War Cry, Gunnevera, Irap and Thunder Snow are just some of the horses mentioned as potential winners. Before you wager, you’ll want to know who Tony Karpinski likes as a Sports & Horses Expert and who pegged the WINNER in 6 of the last 8 races.
With his knowledge and contacts, he’ll come up with a precise projection for the Run for the Roses this Saturday evening.
The famous race for the roses on Saturday is one of the most favored traditions in American sports. The Kentucky Derby, at Churchill Downs in Louisville, is a huge game changer for 3 year olds racing on a 1.25 mile dirt track. It has been held proudly since 1875, and is the first leg of the Triple Crown, followed up by the Preakness and the Belmont Stakes.
Post time is set for 6:34 p.m. Eastern on Saturday May 6th 2017
Post Position, Horse, Idds, (Jockey/Trainer)
1. Lookin at Lee, 20/1 (Corey Lanerie/Steve Asmussen)
2. Thunder Snow, 20/1 (Christophe Soumillon/Saeed bin Suroor)
3. Fast and Accurate, 50-1 (Channing Hill/Mike Maker)
4. Untrapped, 30/1 (Ricardo Santana Jr./Steve Asmussen)
5. Always Dreaming, 5-1 (John Velazquez/Todd Pletcher)
6. State of Honor, 30/1 (Jose Lezcano/Mark Casse)
7. Girvin, 15/1 (Mike Smith/Joe Sharp)
8. Hence, 15/1 (Florent Geoux/Steve Asmussen)
9. Irab, 20/1 (Mario Gutierrez/Doug O’Neill)
10. Gunnevera, 15/1 (Javier Castellano/Antonio Sano)
11. Battle of Midway, 30/1 (Flavian Prat/Jerry Hollendorfer)
12. Sonneteer, 50/1 (Kent Desormeaux/Keith Desormeaux)
13. J Boys Echo, 20/1 (Luis Saez/Dale Romans)
14. Classic Empire, 4/1 (Julien Leparoux/Mark Casse)
15. McCraken, 5/1 (Brian Hernandez Jr./Ian Wilkes)
16. Taprit, 20/1 (Jose Ortiz/Todd Pletcher)
17. Irish War Cry, 6/1 (Rajiv Maragh/Graham Motion)
18. Gormley, 15/1 (Victor Espinoza/John Shirreffs)
19. Practical Joke, 20/1 (Joel Rosario/Chad Brown)
20. Patch, 30/1 (Tyler Gaffalone/Todd Pletcher)
Be sure to visit VegasTopDogs on Saturday to get the Kentucky Derby Winner you can WIN – PLACE- and SHOW.