College basketball is my single favorite sport to handicap. It is generally the sport I do the best in as well. Why is it my favorite sport to handicap? I truly believe that because there are so many teams and so many games, there are more values to be found than in other sports. Where is the most value? I typically find the most value in games that most people aren’t paying much attention to. Let’s take a look at five teams I have my eye on this year as possible under the radar value teams to watch. Kyler Hunter of VegasTopDogs.com
5. College of Charleston- After a big win at home against Tennessee the Cougars might not be quite as much under the radar, but this is a solid team. Bobby Cremins knows how to coach and this team has talent on the perimeter as well as inside.
4. St. Bonaventure- The Bonnies play in a pretty good conference, but I think they’ll be able to cover the number quite a bit this year. It’s hard to find a better post player than Andrew Nicholson, and he is going to cause all sorts of problems for opponents this year.
3. Youngstown State- This is the case of a team being much improved and the oddsmakers being a bit behind. The Penguins certainly aren’t a great team, but they are already 4-1-1 ATS this year, and I suspect we’ll still get some pretty favorable numbers with them for a while longer.
2. Nevada- The Wolfpack aren’t a consistent team right now, but they have the potential to be very good. Deonte Burton and Malik Story are very good in the backcourt. The frontcourt of Czyz and Hunt is also very capable. I expect this team to show what they are made of in conference play.
1. Denver U- The Pioneers aren’t a fun team to play against because of their style of play. Denver slows the game down and lulls you to sleep, and then they nail a three when the defense is loafing. The Pioneers also lead the nation in free throw shooting percentage as a team at 83.1%.
Keep an eye out for value teams that are off most people’s radar this year, it will help you have a more profitable college basketball season!