Sports Articles, Fantasy, and Predictions
Right off the bat I will tell you I am no scout. I am a handicapper. I look at the picks as who they are and the teams biggest needs.
1. CAROLINA ~ Cam Newton QB ~ Huge gamble for me. Lots of off the field issues. New HC Ron Rivera will either be the hero or goat for this selection. I think 3 years from now, they are right back here in the Top 5 drafting.
2. Denver ~ Von Miller OLB ~ I couldn’t believe they passed on Dareus here. The DL was terrible last year. Maybe they think Dumerville won’t be over his surgery.
3. Buffalo ~ Marcell Dareus DT ~ Bills were the worse rush D in the league. He will be a huge help
4. Bengals ~ AJ Green WR ~ Guess the TO and Ocho show are over. Shipley, Grahem and this kid should keep Palmer in town.
5. Arizona ~ Patrick Peterson CB ~ Great pick. Could be the best overall player in the draft.
6. Falcons ~ Julio Jones WR ~ Huge gamble wtih this trade. I know GB moved up and down the field on you in the NFC Title game, but man, get a CB.. Prince was available, Bold pick by ATL GM. 5 picks!!
7. 49ers ~ Aldon Smith DE ~ Who? Man, SF just wet the bed here. Could have had their choice of QBs, or traded down, got more picks, and grabbed Smith.. A reach to say the least. A Kolb trade MUST be in the works.
8. Titans ~ Jake Locker QB ~ Titans getting a lot of crap for this pick. But Jake was the consensus #1 pick if he came out last year. I think injuries hurt him a bit. But by no means is this a wasted pick.
9. Dallas ~ Tyron Smith OT ~ Fills a huge need. They could have went Prince here also, but you can’t really argue. Could have maybe moved down a couple spots for the QB run about to happen.
10. Jaguars ~ Blaine Gabbert QB ~ They must really love this guy. They already have a QB, but you really don’t need to rush Gabbert here.
11. Texans ~ JJ Watt DE ~ Solid pick for their 3-4 defense. Should be a solid contributor, but the secondary would have loved Prince at CB
12. Vikings ~ Christian Ponder QB ~ Thought that Locker would be here, and missed Gabbert as Jags moved up. The world knew they were taking a QB.
13. Lions ~ Nick Fairley DT ~ Talk about a steal. I am sure Detroit was dumbfounded that this guy fell in their lap. Him and Suh. Talk about the black and blue division
14. Rams ~ Robert Quinn DE ~ Spags loves his pass rushers. He did well with the Giants. Looks like he has some more help on defense.
15. Dolphins ~ Mike Pouncey OG ~ Miami needed line help and they get it.
16. Redskins ~ Ryan Kerrigan DE ~ Traded down which was good. Still get the guy they wanted. A strong pass rusher for DC Haslett’s 3-4
17. Patriots ~ Nate Solder OT ~ Guess they want to protect Brady. This does address a need. But I would have thought DL help.
18. Chargers ~ Corey Liuget DT ~ A solid need pick. Should help right away
19. Giants ~ Prince Amukamara CB ~ Talk about falling into your lap. This guy is one of the Top 5-10 guys in the draft. A steal for the G-men
20. Tampa ~ Adrian Clayborn DE ~ Will be a solid player. Slipped a little last year, but he will get after the quarterback
21. Browns ~ Phil Taylor DT ~ Strange pick. Aren’t they going to the 4-3? Plus they traded up here. Fail
22. Colts ~ Anthony Castonzo OT ~ Great pick for Indy. This guy will step right in and play for the next 10 years
23. Eagles ~ Danny Watkins OG ~ Should start and help a poor pass protecting line
24. Saints ~ Camron Jordan DE ~ A huge value this late. Suprised he landed here. I saw some mocks with him going in the Top 12
25. Seattle ~ James Carpenter OT ~ It fills a need. Seattle was really banged up last year. Should have taken Carimi and got this kid later
26. Chiefs ~ Jon Baldwin WR ~ A need pick, but has some baggage.
27. Ravens ~ Jimmy Smith CB ~ A huge talent, but again, off-field issues.
28. Saints ~ Mark Ingram RB ~ A new Heisman toy for Brees. Adios Reggie Bush. The top RB in the draft here. I know it cost a #1 next year, but will that be in the top 25?
29. Bears ~ Gabe Carimi OT ~ A huge OL from Wisconsin. He will fit in great for Mike Tice in Chi-Town
30. Jets ~ Muhaammad Walkerson DE ~ Huge pick, literally. Will start and contrubute from day 1. Just what the Jets needed
31. Steelers ~ Cameron Heyward DE ~ I know Steelers fan. You have a great defense. But, your line is older. This helps
32. Packers ~ Derek Sherrod OT ~ A solid pick by the Super Bowl champs. OL was banged up last year. This kid will help.
Written by Sean Higgs of VegasTopDogs.com